1. Before first use, clean product and place in boiling water for 5 minutes. This is to ensure hygiene.
2. Wash hands thoroughly before bottle assembly.
3. Fill bottle with breast milk or formula and heat to desired temperature (we recommend 37°C / 99°F)
- Expressed breast milk can be stored in the refrigerator in a sterilized container for up to 48 hours (not in door), and in a freezer for 3-6 months. Never refreeze breast milk or add frozen breast milk to already thawed milk.
4. Never put power mixture into pre-boiled water that is too hot for baby. Always follow manufacturer’s directions on milk powder mixture. Do not boil microwave. Burns and scalding may result if the bottle is overheated in microwave.
5. Firmly tighten cap, ring/nipple onto bottle.
6. Always test temperature of liquid before feeding baby, by placing a few drops on inside of wrist.
7. When finished feeding, take bottle apart and wash all parts thoroughly.
Cleaning | Baby Bottle
It is very important to clean the bottle and all components after every feed.
- DO NOT use abrasive cleaning agents or use solvents.
- Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
- Before each use, inspect all items. Throw away at the first sign of damage or weakness.
- Take extra care when cleaning the ANTI-COLIC VENT in nipple. Do not use a teat brush or any other implement to clean the ANTI-COLIC VENT in nipple which might damage it.
- Gently clean ANTI-COLIC VENT with your fingers in warm water.
Q & A
Q. Are the silicone bottles safe with washing brush?
A. You can certainly use your bottle brush to clean our bottles. However, we think that bottle brushes aren’t too hygienic since they cannot be sterilized. Since our bottles have a super wide opening and has minimal parts, we highly recommend simply hand cleaning them. Just one less thing to worry about!
Q. Help! The nipple keeps collapsing!
A. Over time, milk residues can get trapped in the vent and prevent it from working properly. The best thing to do is to make sure that the ends of the vents (back of the nipple) are clear and free from any blockage. You can easily clean them with your fingers in warm water. Also, you can sterilize the nipple in boiling water for about 5 full minutes to clear out anything that may be clogged in the vent. But if this doesn’t fix the issue, please contact us and we’ll be more than happy to help you! (See the instruction down below for more detials.)
Q. Can I purchase parts (e.g. bottle rings, caps)?
A. For the time being, we do not sell parts separately. However, if you are in desperate need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Q. My bottle changed color, how do I remove this?
A. Over time, it is possible for silicone to slightly change in color. However, please be assured that this is purely cosmetic and that they are perfectly safe to use. To prevent discoloration, we recommend that the bottles are well washed after each use and frequently sterilized (at least once a week in boiling water for 5 minutes).
Q. Are the silicone bottles safe in boiling water?
A. Yes. Silicone is highly heat resistant. Our bottles are safe in temperature up to 248F. We recommend sterilizing our bottle in boiling water for approximately 5 minutes. To be safe, please avoid direct contact of our bottles with the boiling pot.
Q. My bottle has a slight odor, how do I get rid of it?
A. Like most containers, our bottles can retain some odor after extended use. Here is a tip from a savvy mom: Sterilize Comotomo bottles in boiling water for 5 minutes with a tiny bit of baking soda. Afterwards, air-dry the bottles (open side up) in a well ventilated area. This should help get rid of any smell in the bottle. Hope this helps!